September 14, 2007

Sick boy

When he woke up yesterday, I knew something was wrong. First of all, he didn't wake UP until almost 9:30 am, then he didn't take two bites of his cereal (which he usually downs), then he was yawning all morning telling me he was still tired. At first I thought, oh, he must be growing - because that is a mother's answer to why he is sleeping more than normal

We had planned to go to the park for a picnic, so when we showed up, one thing led to another, and everything melted down for him. He wanted to go home. Then I KNEW something was wrong. When we got home around noon, he laid down for a much needed nap. After a couple hours he was back up, but not much better. Decided he wanted to watch a movie. About an hour into the movie, I noticed he wasn't even in the room to watch the movie. Maddie didn't know where he'd gone either. This is where I found him:
He'd gone ahead and put himself BACK in bed, pulled the covers up, and went back to sleep. He looked so sweet, but it was so sad.
When he woke up, he stayed in bed for a good hour, missing dinner, then decided he needed a bath. After his bath, he curled up with his bear, Boomer, and my blankie in my bed, and relaxed. He looked much better, but didn't feel better, he said.There is almost nothing that makes this kid feel better except being able to take a picture with his mom's camera:Not bad for a sicky. Ten otter pops later, he seems to be feeling a little better, but not healthy. Please pray for all our health as the school season begins. None of us can afford to be sick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy! And what a wise little one, putting himself to bed when he didn't feel well!
I'm enjoying your blog. Glad I met you through Good Mail. :)

www.flickr.com