September 13, 2007

Seattle with friends

On of my most FAVORITE things is catching up with old friends. Yesterday I got together with some of my very favorite people. In my younger days, I was VERY involved in a children's theatre group, Creative Theatre Experience (CTE). It was my life every summer. Shannon, Bethany and Jeremy were all a part of it with me. We are like family. We get together every Christmas break for dinner, but occasionally, we get to see each other MORE than once a year. Yesterday was that day!

Jeremy was back from New York to visit his new niece, and Bethany and Shannon live in Seattle, so we got together for lunch in Seattle. We ate at Gordon Biersch - yummy, then took the Monorail over to the Pacific Science Center to walk around. Of course, the kids were thrilled that they got to ride on a train!


Taylor and Maddie BOTH took to Jeremy... must be the teddy bear face! :-)

They also LOVED playing in the fountain. They kept trying to dodge the water sprays. Maddie got it once - it was hilarious!

I have to put this video on here. Maddie and Taylor were playing this game where they'd throw a cup down the hill, then race to get it. Taylor got mad at Maddie for throwing his cup, and the fit that ensued was HILARIOUS!!

Can you say: NAPTIME?!


Bethany and I at the fountain


The highlight of the trip for Maddie was "driving" the Monorail. The driver was so nice and let Maddie come up, push the horn and decide whether to go fast or slow... Maybe we've just discovered why the Monorail has had two accidents in recent years...

Alas, the day ended, and this was our drive home! What a fun day.

Shan, Bethany, and Jer - thank you! I loved getting time with all of you. See you in three months!
www.flickr.com