September 5, 2007

Penny for your thoughts?

My daughter LOVES our dog, Cede (say-dee). Unfortunately since we are renting our house, we can't have her with us. She is currently living with my mom on the farm in Olympia. This breaks Maddie's heart. When we go to visit my mom, Maddie spends practically the entire trip hanging out with Cede. It is really adorable. I have told Maddie that when we get a new house with fence around it, we can have Cede back. This summer we were very close to moving to a house with a fence, but it didn't happen.

Madisyn's brain amazes me. Her memory is better than mine. She can go somewhere once and remember it two years later. She DOESN'T forget. I need to always remember that.

Fast forward to today. We stopped at my school to drop off some paperwork. There is a fountain on campus that my kids LOVE to toss pennies in... As we stood looking at the fountain, Maddie asked me if she could have a penny to wish for a fence. She didn't say it like she was begging me for it; just like she had been thinking about her dog, wishing for her.

If that doesn't break your heart...

1 comment:

cookie lady said...

Cede needs a little girl as much as the little girl needs her.
Nani from the farm

www.flickr.com