September 17, 2007

Maddie N. Norris - Kindergartener!


Can you believe it? I can't! Here she is, though. Maddie is finally a Kindergartener!


Maddie was so excited! This morning when I woke her up and told her it was time to get ready for school, she acted like it was Christmas morning! I suppose for a little one, it kind of IS like Christmas... she gained 11 new friends, a GREAT teacher Tammy, blueberry muffins for breakfast, and hot cocoa after her first day of class - ALL IN ONE DAY! Who can blame her!
This is Maddie's class. Now, because there was already another "Madison" in the class, our Madisyn will be going by "Maddie" at school, which she it totally fine to do. When we walked into the classroom today, all the kids were buzzing! There was a cute note on the board of how we could help our kids get ready for class:

1. Put bags and lunches in their cubbies:
2. Hang up your coat
3. Wash your hands
4. Find your stick (still don't know what that was for, but it had her name on it...)
5. Sit in the circle
6. Give kisses goodbye!


This was the little girl Maddie chose to sit by. Her name is Alli. She had a matching (almost) shirt like Maddie's, which she thought was pretty cool. Maddie made sure to talk to all the kids today. She, of course, has no problem conversing with total strangers. She was so excited for class to start.

When I picked her up, I asked her what the class rules were: No kicking, hitting, punching, being mean, or jumping up and down (that last one was Colby's input, a boy in her class). She said her favorite part of the day was playing in the gym for "recess" - ah, yes, isn't that always the favorite part of any kid's school day?

Here's to a great year!!

7 comments:

Brian Bowker said...

Did you cry a little bit?

The Norris Clan said...

Well... in my heart I did. I am sure after it settles in, I will have my tears. Actually, yesterday I said something to Rick about it being a school night - WHAT?! Now we actually have school nights! Crazy!

LizaT said...

Hi everyone! Okay, so of course all the pictures of Maddie N. are just to adorable. I absolutely LOVE this last one, though, in black and white of her name. Congratulations on your first day of school, Maddie! When will we ever get to see you all?? Oh, and I have to ask Jorge about the Star Wars re-mix... sounds like a good story!

Anonymous said...

That last photo is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Maddie!

Unknown said...

Great photo...deserves to be framed.

cookie lady said...

My Maddie in Kindergarden!!!!!!!!
I remember when her Mom had her first day of Kindergarden and standing out in the middle of the street directing traffic. When the Sitter called me at work and wanted to know just how to handle Karyn. Well now you all know the rest of the story.
Love Nani

www.flickr.com