April 15, 2008

The next day...

Well... today seems to be a better day. Taylor seems back to his normal self. His cut looks good, and the stitches are lop-sided... What do you expect when the kid was thrashing around? I have come to realize today that the Nurse Practioner who dealt with him never gave him the anesthetic she was supposed to. She put some topical Lidocaine on when we first go there, but nothing after that. She said she would, but didn't. I didn't realize it until later, so I couldn't ask about it. Can you imagine? Getting four stitches while being held down WITHOUT medication? Does the word "barbaric" come to mind?

I am still having a hard time today... it all seems surreal, until I see that cut on his head...

5 comments:

Taylor said...

Holy Cow! I'm glad he's okay... but I have to say in this picture your cute little son looks a bit too much like Chucky (from Childsplay) for comfort.

Hope all is well...

Taylor

Jessica said...

probably NOT what you want to hear, but T looks so tough in the pix...not sure if its the stitches or the accompanying scowl. hang in there...

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute in that "Mom, please don't take my picture right now" way! I'm sorry you all had to go through that! Wow, I would have been VERY mad too!

LizaT said...

Oh my gosh! what a brave little kid! While it was a terrible ordeal, I have to admit that this picture is PRICELESS! What a great picture! Hope you'll post updates so we can follow little T and hear how he's doing! Imagine what a great story he has now that he can say he did this all without any anesthesia - what a tough little bugger!

Caleb said...

=-(
Im sorry 4 taylor
Love caleb

www.flickr.com