April 6, 2008

My little man is FOUR!

Today, my little man turned four. (well, this post was supposed to be up last Sunday... so, pretend).

I can't believe it has been four years since we were blessed with this little spitfire. He brings so much laugher and joy to our family. He is witty (like his daddy), he is talented beyond a four-year-old's ability should be, he is already reading, writing, and playing two-handed piano. He says the funniest things at the most inappropriate times, and of course, gets a laugh every time.He, of course, is a typical four-year-old boy is SO many ways:

**He loves to climb trees
**Plays in the mud puddles I JUST told him not to play in
**Casts his fishing pole inside the house and get it stuck in my plants
**Burps and/or farts, then announces it to the world with giggles of joy, with an occasional "excuse me"
**Dresses up like Spiderman instead of the "prince" that Maddie wants him to dress likeHe is also addicted to vacuum cleaners, loves playing make-believe "get married to Maddie" (not so great), and is obsessed about footie pj's and closing cabinet doors, bathroom doors, or any other doors for that matter.
For his birthday, he got to celebrate a few times. One was at Red Robin with all our family. Now, he chose Red Robin himself. Some of you may know he has an aversion to the song, "Happy Birthday." He tends to freak out and cry any time people start singing it. So, when he chose RR, I reminded him that they sing. He reassured me he would be fine. He was. He loved having all of his cousins there, and especially loved having a HUGE sundae all to himself. He did, however, share one bite with each of the cousins. He got a Razor scooter, which I can't keep him off of, a kid's computer/game, and some great educational books/puzzles. He was SO happy!
He was, however, a bit obsessed over his new scooter. He apparently had a fear it would get taken, he felt the need to brand it with his name:
He is already becoming a pro riding it!
Caleb is one of his favorite cousins. Caleb is like the big brother he's always wanted. I think Taylor is the like little brother Caleb never wanted :-) He is always begging to play Caleb's video games, watch him play computer, play with his toys... you know, all the little brother stuff you're supposed to do! He was thrilled to get to sit next to Caleb at lunch.
Emily and Maddie were happy to sit with each other, too. Another big sister-little sister scenario.

Taylor also got to have birthday treats with his friends at preschool, and we celebrated at home on the morning of his birthday with chocolate chip pancakes! I felt this picture was appropriate to put in. This was his first celebration with my mom and dad at Claim Jumpers. He was really tired, and by the time it was dessert time, he was done for. I don't know about you, but that dessert doesn't look like anything to cry about to me! It was delicious!

Well, I know that this year will bring so many changes for Taylor, but we are just so proud of the little man he is. He is a blessing. Thank you, Lord, for such a wonderful gift!

Now if he could just stay out of trouble... :-)

3 comments:

Patrick and Bree said...

Happy Birthday Taylor! It is amazing how time truly does fly!

Steph :o) said...

Hey, no way! Jay turned 8 today! Happy birthday, Taylor. :o)

LizaT said...

Okay, I know I'm overloading on the comments here, but I just had to catch up!! What a great post for Tyler's birthday - so beautiful, Karyn!

www.flickr.com