December 21, 2007

Pajama Ride

Tonight, we started a new tradition (Thanks Renee and Hilary)!

About ten minutes after the kids were in bed for the night, we did this:



Ice cream and Christmas lights! In pajamas! How great is that?

It was SO funny to watch their disbelief and see them stumble all over the place while trying to get their coats and shoes on. We hopped in the car, got Dilly bars, and drove around looking at Christmas lights. I have to say, however, with the exception of James Street Estates, Bellingham is very lacking in the Christmas light department. We had a hard time finding anything good. Oh well. It was still fun and a wonderful tradition that I will look forward to every year.

4 comments:

LizaT said...

What fun!! Dilly bars! I love it!! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you all!

Brian Bowker said...

That is AWESOME!

I remember once when I was a kid my sister woke me up in the middle of the night because it was snowing really hard and she knew there would be no school in the morning. We went outside and built snowmen in the dark. I still have really, really fond memories of that night!

You guys are the coolest parents EVER!

Anonymous said...

I loved this idea and I loved your kids' reactions! This is the best! Hope you all had an awesome Christmas!!

Jessica said...

I heard about doing this one...what a fun tradition. Hoping that next year when Will is a little older we can implement it. Its not pleasant waking him up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy New Year!

www.flickr.com