December 20, 2007

My little donkey

A couple weeks ago, Maddie's class got to pick their parts in the Christmas nativity play at school. I was so excited to ask her what part she picked. I thought maybe the angel, possibly at shepherd... she proudly exclaimed, "I'm gonna be the donkey!"

"The donkey?!" I asked. She could obviously sense the surprise in my voice.

"Mom, the donkey is a very important part of the nativity story. If Mary didn't have a donkey to ride on, she never would have made it to Bethlehem to have baby Jesus!" Point taken.

Yes, the donkey is a very important part of the story. Maddie taught me, or reminded me, of a very important lesson: no matter how small or insignificant something/someone may seem, we each have a very important part in this world. God can even use a donkey to make a difference. Thank you, Maddie.

So....

Tonight was her night to shine. She was SO excited to get dressed up in her costume. She insisted we get there 45 minutes early just so she could get in costume. :-) Isn't she adorable?!
"Mary," "a Shepherd," and my little donkey


Mary needed a ride...

Cousin Spencer was an angel in the nativity

Mommy and Taylor were excited fans of Maddie!


Here is a little piece of the play...


Opening Scene:



Angels We Have Heard on High:




Ok, so halfway through "Angels," Maddie spit out the piece of paper (or cud as Teacher Tammy put it) she was chewing for half the play. Too funny!

After the play, Maddie received her first performance flower. Who better to receive it from but her favorite man ever - Daddy!
Teacher Tammy and Maddie

We had a wonderful time and Maddie was wonderful! Merry Christmas to all... even little donkeys!

1 comment:

TheTaffs said...

Oh that is too cute! I love the reason she wanted to be the donkey!

www.flickr.com