January 20, 2008

Christmas time 2007

Ok, so I know it isn't Christmas anymore, but I am playing catch up with the blogs! So bare with me...

We had a wonderful Christmas this year! We got to stay home ALL day. It was awesome. Here are the kids in their Christmas PJs.

We got up in the morning, and the kids were so excited to open presents. Taylor, for some reason, was not thrilled about opening he stocking - he saw the bigger presents - but once he realized there might be candy in the stocking, he was all too happy to open that first.

Maddie's favorite toy (at first) was her new Bella Dancerella ballet DVD , mat and ballet barre. She ran directly to her room to put on her ballet outfit Nani bought her for her birthday last year so she could practice her new ballet dances.She was SO cute. The DVD, on the other hand, is going to get old after a short while... :-)

Taylor was SO wiped after a few presents, he put on his new spiderman towel, snuggled down, and watched Maddie practice her ballet. He was SO funny to watch.

My family came over in the late morning. We ate A LOT of wonderful food, opened presents, Nani and Poppa napped on the couch :-), and we had a fun time. Rick's mom and dad came over for dinner, and we relaxed some more. I can't remember the last time I said it, but this Christmas was actually relaxing, as far as Christmases go. I wanted to take a little more time to focus on the Reason we celebrate Christmas... alas, time got ahold of me. I know that we are blessed to be able to call God our Father, and I thank Him everyday for the gift of His Son, Jesus Christ. I want to celebrate Him EVERY day!

I hope your Christmas was memorable and blessed!

No comments:

www.flickr.com