July 26, 2007

What are we doing?

We can't stay away from the park! This heat is just wonderful. Make for a good excuse to go to the lake and play. Unfortunately, I didn't put sunblock on my back, so I am burnt to a crisp tonight. I will spare you the view...

This was the dastardly position that toasted me!

Taylor, half the time, would rather hang out with me on the towel (that's one of my BFFs, Jenny, in the background). Hilarious story from today, though, was Taylor was riding on a floaty with Maddie pushing him in the water. I saw it coming, but she pushed too hard, and head first into the water he went (only a foot deep)! His face coming out of the water was priceless. I, of course, went to help him, but I have a really bad habit of laughing when (I think) funny things happen to my kids.... this was one of those times! My first thought when he went in the water - "Crap. Why didn't I have my camera out!" Does that make me a bad mom?

Maddie, sitting pretty, drinking a cold bevvie!

Nothing like a treat after a fun day at the park!

Ahhhhh... Lafeen's Donuts. A legacy in Bellingham!

Tomorrow, we are traveling to England! Well, England in Fairhaven... check back for a report!

2 comments:

Brian Bowker said...

You are not a bad mother, Karyn, you just like to laugh at your kids when they humiliate themselves. Who doesn't like to do that??

Anonymous said...

I want that donut.... now.... -Liza

www.flickr.com