July 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

July 19th was my 33rd birthday. Yes, I am well into my 30's now, and I am actually totally fine with it! I have never felt better, I'm the smallest I've been in years, I ran my first triathlon, hiked the Grand Canyon, and life is really good! I can't complain.

My wish for my birthday was to be with my friends (minus kids) for the night. You know, try to act like the adult I am supposed to be. Who really wants to act like an adult, though, right?

These are our "Fun Friends," Mike and Amy! They have been great friends of our for many years. We call them our fun friends because we do nothing else with them EXCEPT have fun! They started off the evening with us enjoying some delish food from Kyoto Steakhouse!

This picture is for Marjie, my favorite blogger! She is obsessed with food, and shares it in detail (with pictures) on her blog while she travels the world... and makes my stomach growl every time! While this is not as good as if I'd gotten it in, say, Japan, it was a delicious close second - med. rare Filet Mignon, grilled shrimp, hibachi veggies, and steamed rice, along side mustard and ginger sauces. I even ordered extra sushi. Ah, gluttony.

After dinner, and a little tooth floss snafu, it was off to Uisce's (pronounced ish-ca's) Irish Pub for some Smithwick's on tap with all of my good friends!

The ladies were representin'!

I don't know what the guys were doing!

Holly looks like an advertisement for Guinness!

The gang's all here!

I had a wonderful birthday with all my friends... I am excited for this next year - a lot of changes on the horizon. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Brian Bowker said...

It looks like you all had SO MUCH FUN! I'm super sad that Kristi and I had to miss it. :(

Can we still be your friends?

www.flickr.com