July 13, 2007

Hot Fun in the Summer Sun!

Wednesday was the hottest day of the year so far (98 degrees), and it was record-setting! This is how WE chose to spend it:

At Lake Whatcom! There were a lot of people, but not too many we couldn't enjoy ourselves.

Maddie chose to stay in the water ALL day! She made a friend (Chloe) and they playing together the rest of the day. I asked her to pose for the picture, and this is what I got!

This is a boy and his stick. Taylor found it, and the rest of the day he was entertained. He made X's and T's with it and another stick, used it as a race track, and of course, became a sword.

Do not be fooled by the cuteness... he was a bit of a handful today. But I do love when I can get at least one good picture out of the boy.... then:

I get this!

Maddie kept running out of the water coming to have a bite of apple saying: "Mom, I'm out of energy... I need to fill up!" Taylor got the idea and ate the rest of the day...

There is that face again?!

We topped it off with a nice, cold pop sickle straight from the Schwann Man's freezer back.

After a day like this... I'm tired and hot! The rain this morning was welcomed! Ahhhh, Washington.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!!! Glad to see your kids kept cool! Taylor is perfect for the camera even with the goofy faces...

www.flickr.com