July 23, 2007

Olympia Trip

Some of you know I grew up in Olympia. My kids and I love to go down and visit my parents. They still live on the farm I grew up on. It is my kids' personal Disneyland. They LOVE staying at Nani and Poppa's house. Our dog, Cede, has taken up residence on the farm while we are living in a rental property. Maddie spends all of her time on the back porch playing with Cede. My favorite memory of this trip is Maddie staring out the back living room window at Cede on the back porch. She was kissing the window and talking to Cede through the glass telling her how much she loved her. Can you say "Drama class, anyone?"



A highlight of our trip was going to Lakefair! Lakefair is an annual event in downtown Olympia with the typical carnival, food booths, parades, etc. I used to go down to the fair with all my girlfriends in high school. Many memories.... that's a different blog. The kids and I met up with those said girlfriends, Courtney, Shannon, Christine, and Nicole, and all their kids for a fun day at Lakefair!

Brady (with Courtney) finally got to ride on a ride. He was too little to do most... sad!

Shannon got in on the fire truck ride with Isabella (Christine's daughter), Bailey (Courtney's niece) and Mason (Shannon's son)

The girls... maybe the friendships will go through to the next generation

The canoe ride was a hit!

As was the dragon roller coaster. That's Tristan (Christine's son) in the front with Taylor

Mia (Nicole's daughter) and Brady got to eat the whole time since there weren't many rides they could go on.... lucky them!

This is a funny movie of Maddie showing her dance moves - or should I say hair moves! Should I call "So You Think You Can Dance?"




We loved our time down there! Can't wait to go back in August!

1 comment:

Brian Bowker said...

The dancing video is PRICELESS! Be certain to save that for her first prom date!!

www.flickr.com