May 23, 2008

Graduating Class of 2020

Where does the time go?
Maddie graduated from Kindergarten today. I have no way to explain what I feel. Rick laughs at me (albeit lovingly) for being such a cry baby, but for some reason, I am having a hard time with it. Every time I think about it, I get weepy. I remember her first day of school like it was yesterday... wasn't it?
This was her on her first day:This is her Kindergarten school picture:I am so proud of her for all her accomplishments this year. She has excelled at reading, writing, math, music, social studies, and science! She says her favorite subject this year was learning all about the dinosaurs. Every day, Maddie loved to go to school. She was so excited to see her friends, to learn, to grow at everything she tried.
This is her teacher, Tammy. She has been such an incredible Godly woman to have in her life. She has loved her like we do, instilled in her God's love, and shown her how to be an amazing woman of God. Thank you Teacher Tammy. We will be forever grateful.One thing Maddie was really good at was making friends. She was friends with everyone in her class. They were all really sad to say goodbye to each other. Luckily, three of them will be at her new school next year.

After a sleepover at the church where they had school, we picked them up this morning, and this is what we saw:


I, of course, was crying like a baby. Again, I don't know why... I just did.The graduating class of 2020!!Maddie N. Norris, 1st Grader!!

Saying goodbye is never easy... even for a six-year-old...

We finished off the morning with a trip to Rocket Donuts.... thanks Daddy!
Maddie girl, we are so proud of you!! We can't wait to watch you grow.... just not so fast!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

oh man! this will be me in a week, tears and all i am sure! fun pic, its amazing how much they have changed this year!!! xo

Emily said...

Love the pics! What a milestone. She will LOVE the fact that you've documented each step of the way. :)

Christine said...

Congratulations Maddie Moo!

We're proud of you and are excited for you to jump into the world of big kid school (even if your mom is being a baby about it :o))!

Good job big girl!
Love, Taunte

Courtney said...

Thanks for letting us share in these special times! It is a privilege!

www.flickr.com