June 24, 2008

This is how summer should be

So... I have been late in blogging, and I really have NO excuse. School is out for summer (cue Alice Cooper...)!! I have been soaking up the freedom like rum on cake! I love being free. There is so much life to experience and celebrate. I love being able to play with my kids, watch a movie, fall asleep in the sun, spend time with my husband on the deck.... ALL things I found nearly impossible to do during this year of school.

However, now that I am free for 3 whole months, I will be taking full advantage. To celebrate this new-found freedom, my friends from school, Rick and I all went camping at Deception Pass State Park. What a gorgeous place to be.
It was not the most warm camping experience (whew, it was windy), but glorious nonetheless.
I call this picture, "Hey, Hey, we're the Monkees." That's Rick, Jenny, and Kasie.
Jenny and Kasie, two of my best friends, and a new friend, Kelsey (on right), all came with us. We had our big three room tent, plus we stayed in the lap of luxury inside Jim and Joanne's (Rick's parents) trailer. It was a perfect set up.
The sun was out the entire weekend! It was so wonderful just to relax. Actually, it was so wonderful to sit and not be studying! We kept looking dumbfounded at each other. We didn't know what to do with ourselves. One of the days, Kasie, Jenny and I went on a little hike, found the perfect hillside above the water, and fell asleep. It was amazing.
The campfires were great. S'mores, stories, jokes, cigars, drinks... fun was had by all!
I am looking forward to more of this ALL SUMMER!

No comments:

www.flickr.com