August 28, 2008

The grass grows greener...

We came home from dinner tonight and this is what we saw:
Maddie, Taylor, and I have been praying every night for God to give us rain so our grass will grow. God, being as good as He is, has blessed us ABUNDANTLY with 5 days of straight rain! Maddie said today in the car, "Mom, I know I asked God for rain, but did we really need THIS much?" We actually got worried that the grass might drown. But He was good, and we were blessed tonight with the sight of our first sprouts!
Maddie was so happy she yelled "I KNEW God would make it grow!" Hard work rewarded!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

yay! it worked. looks great, too!

LizaT said...

Oh! What a great story! Nothing like seeing God's work in action, right? Thanks for the comment on our blog-- God did His job there, too! :)

Diane said...

Wow... you got loads of rain just at the right time! We're still warm and dry in our corner of the state. Here's to more rain and more green grass! I don't think I've ever toasted to rain or grass before?! :-)

www.flickr.com