August 11, 2007

Summer Projects

While we have been enjoying summer, we have also been missing school. So, Maddie got creative the other day and decided that she wanted to write a book about her favorite fruits and vegetables. I was so proud of her, I had to share it with you all...




The End....

She wrote every word by herself. I helped her figure out how to spell the words, but she even spelled a few on her own. My favorite "veggie," though, is Mac & Cheese... I don't know...

She very proud of her book, can you tell?!


We have also been busy in the kitchen! Little Miss likes to cook. So she had her first lesson in my famous Baked Potato Salad, which she made all by herself. I will post a recipe for it at a later time... uuummmmm! She was THRILLED that I let her use the "big" knife (no fingers were lost!)



Also... today we decorated school bus cookies (thanks Nani)! Can you TELL she's excited about starting Kindergarten? Everything is school right now...



I am sure there will be many more projects to come before Fall.

35 days and counting...

1 comment:

Brian Bowker said...

Mac & Cheese is one of my favorite veggies too.

www.flickr.com