August 3, 2007

Summer Orzo Chicken Salad


This recipe is from my friend, Laura. It is a delicious summer salad that she always made for her BBQs and potlucks. I miss you living here, Laura! Come back! I usually make it at least once a summer. I could eat the whole bowl if I tried... enjoy!


Summer Orzo Chicken Salad

2 cooked, cubed chicken breasts
2 cups cooked orzo pasta (about half the box uncooked)
1/2 - 1 small container of grape tomatoes, halved
1 cucumber, seeds removed, chucked
2 jars or 1 can of artichoke hearts, chopped
3 peppers (choose 3 different colors), chopped
Fresh chopped basil to taste
1 cup feta cheese

Dressing:
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. ground pepper

1. Cook pasta according to box directions; cool

2. Chop all vegatables while pasta is cooking

3. Combine and mix pasta and all fresh ingredients

4. Pour dressing over mix

5. Stir in feta

6. Serve chilled!

No comments:

www.flickr.com