March 30, 2007

Birthday Boy


My little boy turned 3 yo today. I have a hard time believing this since it feels like yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. It seems like yesterday I was "enjoying" sleepless nights... It seems like yesterday he learned how to say "Mama". Now, he is writing his own name -------->
What the heck happened? I won't complain since I am SO proud of him and the incredibly smart little man he is becoming, but there are days I miss my "baby."


When I look at this picture, he looks like a little man. Taylor's nickname is "Mr. Man," and I'll tell you, he is turning into a little man right before our eyes. Right now, he likes learning sign language with Maddie, he loves writing letters and numbers on his magnadoodle, he is always asking to play Maddie's Leapster video game (basically a game boy for preschoolers), and going on pretend fishing expeditions in buckets of water... All of these big kid things make me miss the olds days.


It is moments like this picture of him sleeping that remind me of those days. He just looks so incredibly sweet and quiet. Granted, he wasn't the most quiet baby, he was certainly tenderhearted.

This also reminds me that while he is growing up, he is always going to be my baby. There is something about a baby boy that tugs at a mother's heart! I know... sap, sap, sap.



Onto the fun stuff! We had Taylor's third birthday dinner at Red Robin (his choice). He got to wear a funny robin mask while the waiters serenaded him. The good thing is he didn't cry when they sang (that is his usual - he doesn't like "Happy Birthday" - don't ask...)

I have enjoyed this last year with Taylor, watching him grow, develop his big personality, exert his independence. I look forward to what this year brings! It's sure to be full of race cars races, "fishing" expeditions, and a lot of laughs.

No comments:

www.flickr.com