July 5, 2008

Olympia trip

Last week, we set off on the train to visit Nani and Poppa in Olympia. This was the first train ride for the kids (that they remember). They LOVED it... I loved it. It was SO relaxing. The sights were beautiful. I saw parts of our state that I'd never seen.
We went
We went right under the Narrows Bridge in Tacoma. The kids loved that they could get up and walk around... I loved that I didn't have to drive!

One of the highlights of the farm is getting to help feed the sheep. Maddie and Taylor are both great helpers. They love to go out to the barn and help Poppa with the farm chores.

We got to visit my grandma Helen while we were there. She is 97 years old. We moved her up from California about five years ago. She is living in a group home close to my parents. She is slowing down a lot, and is on Hospice. But all things considered, she is doing good. That is her dog, Chica.

Another highlight for Taylor was driving the lawn mower. Believe it or not, he was actually really good at it!

Of course the week we were there, it was scorching hot! Needless to say, the kids spent a lot of time in the water... Olympia has a wonderful fountain park for the kids to play at.




Much fun was had playing in the water sprinker!


Thank you Nani and Poppa for such a fun trip!

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a great trip! I love the idea of the train ride. You take wonderful pictures, of course you have beautiful subjects!

www.flickr.com