May 30, 2007

Off and running....

One day this picture caption will read: "Friends forever"
Maddie and Gabrielle have been friends since birth. Some even say they look like sisters... We had a wonderful park play date with you guys! We miss you already.


Taylor (and Maddie) spent almost the entire 3 hours at the park IN the water, even though it was COLD! This is his new picture face... "What, you want to take a picture of me? OH, let me get as close to the camera as possible!" His cheesy smile gives a new meaning to "say cheese."

On a completely different note, we leave tomorrow for Arizona - hiking the Grand Canyon, then some rest and relaxation in Phoenix. Well, I should preface that by saying Rick will NOT be hiking, he will be in an air conditioned house with soft beds and cable! While I should be thrilled about going (and I am), there is so much pending at home that is tugging at me: anxiously awaiting my acceptance letter (or not) for nursing school, also awaiting notification of scholarships (or not), surgery five days after we get back, work, deciding whether or not we going to sign a new lease for our house or move when the current one is up, etc.... When I read that list, I realize that vacation is EXACTLY what we need, but it is hard to leave life behind.

I know our trip will be wonderful, especially if Rick can relax enough with the good drugs to actually enjoy himself. I am looking forward to creating memories with Rick's family. We all love hanging out, and we don't get to do it often enough. I will post pictures of the GC when we get back to Phoenix. Until then, my goal is to try and leave life behind! Here goes nothing...

No comments:

www.flickr.com